Amy...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gabby & Andrew : Engagement Session

I have a confession to make - I get really anxious about blogging engagement sessions. Sometimes I feel like I may not depict a relationship perfectly through my words, and as a result, leave cyber-world void of an accurate portrayal of a couple and their bond. It's a daunting task to describe the love shared between two people. Every love story is unique, and it is important (to me, at least) to illustrate each with eloquence and finess. I suppose that I am admitting this so that our clients will have a disclaimer. In other words, if you feel misrepresented by my words, at least you can gain some satisfaction in knowing that I apprehensively chewed off every single one of my fingernails while giving it my best attempt. :)

Gabby and Andrew's story doesn't bring me relief in the anxiety department. Their relationship is extra special, and their bond is inspirational. How am I supposed to translate that through a couple of paragraphs?! Well, my cuticles are shredded, so here goes nothing...

The first, and most important thing that you should know about Gabby and Andrew isn't that he is deaf, and she is majoring in Interpretive Studies. It isn't that they've been dating for over two years, or that they are waiting until they both graduate college to get married. You see, while all of these things are true, the most important thing that you should know is that they are absolutely head-over-heels in love. This is not the kind of love that diminishes over time; this is the kind of love that offers compassion, support, encouragement, and unconditional respect and admiration. This is the kind of love that erases any insecurity and leaves comfort, confidence and stability in it's place. This is the kind of love that makes saps (like me) feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

From my observation, Gabby and Andrew are two of the most down-to-earth, easygoing people I have ever encountered. Their engagement session on USF campus (where they both attend) made me remember why I love photography. Their chemistry is unquestionable and their sweet interaction is effortless and natural. Anyone in a relationship should take note - this is the kind of love to strive for. :)

Photobucket

Happiness. :)

Photobucket

This textured wall rocked my world.

Photobucket

Can't you just feel the love from bursting through your computer screen? :)

Photobucket

This was almost my favorite from the day...

Photobucket

...but this one beat it out.

Photobucket

Gabby's eyes pierce through the lens.

Photobucket

"I love you."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM! You both did an incredible job, and your comment on our relationship brought tears to my eyes. You guys are great! We can't wait to see the rest!!! =]

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple! Her eyes are unbelievable! Great pictures -- and you do a great job of describing each's couple relationship. Maybe because you know "true love".
And I love you bunches,
Nana

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! Thanks again guys!